Thursday, November 10, 2011

Philly Superautomatic 20ATM 1960's restoration

I may call my blog "Watch restorations"... :)
I've found this Vintage "Philly" at the local flea market. Been looking for this case design for a long time, was very popular in the 60ies and 70ies, with a lot of brands on the dial. I like the size and the classic shape, so I took it.

Broken crystal, bezel is stuck, no lume on the hands, runs and stops...

 

 
 

Took it apart, cleaned it, bezel was a project of itself with all the dirt under it
 

 

 
 
 


Relumed the dial and hands with C3
 

 


The movement needs service, but that's a job for my watchmaker
 
 
 
 

Assembled, without the bezel. I've found an Omega crystal just perfect for it!
 
 
 
 

With the bezel, that now rotates with no issues.
 

 
 
Wrist shot, anyone?
 

 
 
Lume shot
 

 
 
 
  thanks for looking
  Galpo

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jasson.
    I'm trying to teach myself some watch restoration, and all my knowledge comes from other watch makers and restorers that
    I've found on the net, so it's an opportunity to give something back

    ReplyDelete